Under the general supervision of the Finance Officer, the incumbent performs the following functions:
1. Process assigned SHI claims (envelope and on-line submission) in accordance with the Staff Health Insurance rules, based on daily distribution in the range of 20-30 claims per day;
2. Submit report and related documents to Insurance Officer, Medical Adviser and GlobalStanding Committe through SHI/HQ on claims/reimbursements requiring exceptional approval and send follow-ups on pending issues;
3. Provide efficient administrative support related to SHI including issuance of Letter of Guarantee to hospitals and service providers, reply to queries and requests, and update of SHI reference and monitoring folders;
4. Assist on urgent matters relating to SHI, providing back-up and support in the absence of team members; and
5. Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Thorough knowledge of WHO Staff Health Insurance Rules and administrative rules and procedures.
Strong interpersonal and communications skills, respect for confidentialities and cultural differences.
Strong analytical skills to analyze and interpret source documents and data.
Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational and cultural backgrounds and maintain a high standard of personal conduct.
Working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
We are building a better, healthier future for people all over the world.
Working with 194 Member States, across six regions, and from more than 150 offices, WHO staff are united in a shared commitment to achieve better health for everyone, everywhere.
Together we strive to combat diseases – communicable diseases like influenza and HIV, and noncommunicable diseases like cancer and heart disease.
We help mothers and children survive and thrive so they can look forward to a healthy old age. We ensure the safety of the air people breathe, the food they eat, the water they drink – and the medicines and vaccines they need.
Our primary role is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Our main areas of work are health systems; health through the life-course; noncommunicable and communicable diseases; preparedness, surveillance and response; and corporate services.