The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. The post is located in the FAO’s Project Office in the Green Climate Fund (GCF) National Designated Authority (NDA) Office, Department of Environment (all FAO-Iran employees shall follow the UN work week which is from Sunday to Thursday and holiday schedule. Employees working in the project offices located in Government buildings shall work at the FAO Representation on Government holidays and weekends).
Under the direct supervision of the FAO National Project Officer and overall supervision of the FAO Representative, the incumbent will perform the tasks described below.
The National Women and Youth Engagement Consultant works closely with the National Project Director (NPD) and National Project Coordinator (NPC) and other International/National consultants in the FAO/DoE Project Office and with a wide range of Government officials and other stakeholders including but not limited to academia, CSO, the private sector and international partners to achieve the following project deliverables (i) Guidelines on gender mainstreaming; (ii) Gender mainstreaming trainings and (iii) Ensuring meaningful engagement of women and youth through capacity building and empowerment. (S)he will be assigned to undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
Tasks and responsibilities
- Familiarize with the policy, legislative and institutional framework on climate change in Iran, including Government commitments for related global frameworks;
- In collaboration with FAO project officer, other project consultants especially the Stakeholder Engagement Consultant and NDA Office, lead data/information collection and analysis of broader policy, legislation and institutional framework for gender mainstreaming in general and climate change policies, programmes and implementation in particular including those developed and implemented by the NDA Office in Iran;
- In line with National laws and regulations, develop the gender mainstreaming guideline in climate change and Iran’s engagement with the GCF, ensuring its alignment with governance system and cultural values as well as the GCF requirements;
- Design and conduct trainings on gender mainstreaming;
- Develop methodologies and tools and support other project consultants and the NDA office in mainstreaming gender and meaningful engagement of women and youth in all project activities and deliverables such as (i) capacity gaps assessment; (ii) stakeholder engagement framework; (iii) TOR and work plans for NCCFC and NDA; (iv) Guidelines for reviewing GCF project ideas/concept notes/proposals; (v) No Objection Procedures; and (vi) Strategic investment criteria and priorities for climate change adaptation and mitigation in Iran;
- Contribute to DoE gender mainstreaming policies and implementation;
- Perform any other tasks as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in social, political sciences, rural and institutional development, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in gender analysis, policy development and implementation and/or women and youth capacity building activities.
- National of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- Proven communications skills and fluent in English and Persian.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Excellent analytical and facilitation skills
- Practical experience in design and delivery of trainings for divers stakeholders
- Knowledge and familiarity with institutional, policy and regulatory frameworks on climate change.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the GCF particularly its gender policy is an advantage.
- Ability to interact tactfully and effectively with multiple institutional actors from diverse sectors and at diverse levels, to communicate messages and to promote dialogue and engagement.
- Experience in institutional management and strengthening
- Proven capacity to conduct stakeholder consultations, capacity assessment and ability to work in teams and establish working relationships between central and local government institutions, civil society organizations and other stakeholders
- Good command of computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power point, Internet)
- Excellent knowledge of laws, policies, organizational structure, roles and responsibilities of various national entities (governmental and non-governmental) engaged in gender, women and youth affairs in Iran.
- Very good knowledge of NDA office.
- Experience in working in related ministries and related organizations (i.e. the Vice Presidency for Women and Family Affairs) would be an asset.