I. Position Information
Reports directly to
National Head of Resource Management
II. Organizational Context and Scope
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office and the direct supervision of the National Head of Resource Management, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist in managing financial resources by monitoring and controlling assets, reserves, funds, supplies, etc. in accordance with IOM rules and regulations.
- Assist in preparing annual budget submission and revisions including estimating staff cost as well as rental and utilities, office equipment and supplies, printing, and other contracts, services or running expenses, to include in the budget.
- Extract and input data from various sources in financial or accounting systems.
- Assist in the preparation of the payroll by executing validity checks on monthly payroll results.
- Reviews all types of payments starting from purchases to payment requests verifying that they are duly authorized, and all the supporting documents are attached therewith.
- Create new Vendor Accounts in PRISM.
- Verify vendor claims for accuracy and conformance with IOM finance policies and instructions.
- Perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that the goods have been received or services rendered.
- Assist in the preparation of budget, accounting, financial, statistical reports, and other reports as required.
- Provide guidance to all staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc.
- Ensure proper and systematic completion of all posted payments and other accounting documents according to the established standards;
- Responsible for the Petty Cash of the office.
- Assist in the coordination of the Mission’s Administrative functions, including recruitment, retention, promotion, separation , and other related activities , in accordance with the Organization’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure the presence in the records of staff authorization requests leave, contracts, "Personal History", employment status, medical certificate etc.
- Organize the medical examination process of candidates for administrative recruitment procedures.
- Draft correspondence and answer queries with respect to enquiries related to administrative and financial matters.
- Perform other related duties as required.
IV. Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school degree/certificate with minimum five years of relevant work experience; or,
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with minimum three years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in IOM administrative and financial management, budget monitoring, cash management and internal control procedures.
- Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis; and,
- Experience supervising the development and implementation of administrative control procedures.
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization; and,
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations.
Required: Fluency in English (oral and written).
Desirable: Working knowledge of French & Spanish.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Applications for this position should be directed to email@example.com. Please be advised that only nationals will be considered for this position.
Deadline: May 29, 2020