Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the direct supervision of the Communications and Social Media Coordinator and overall supervision of the CEO of USA for IOM and in close collaboration with colleagues in Geneva, Manila, Washington, Lima, Bogota, Buenos Aires, San Jose and in the field, the Digital Communications Assistant will provide assistance to IOM programming funded by the private sector, with emphasis on the socioeconomic integration of Venezuelans in Colombia and Peru project. The incumbent will focus on developing donor-centric content and monitoring performance to optimize digital campaigns and donor engagement for USA for IOM, the nonprofit partner of IOM in the United States.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist with developing and deploying digital campaigns through social media, website, email and online ads.
- Collect and produce donor-specific visibility content including, text, photos, videos and audio for use across a range of integrated online platforms.
- Manage content across all digital and social media platforms.
- Maintain and update content on Drupal-based website in coordination with web developer.
- Develop and write email newsletters and fundraising appeals via EveryAction.
- Measure and analyze performance of online communication and fundraising campaigns.
- Participate in the planning and coordination of outreach events and social cohesion activities
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications or other field directly related to the above duties from an accredited academic institution with at least three years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working in digital communications for NGOs or UN agencies.
- Comprehensive understanding of key digital fundraising techniques, especially social media advertising, email marketing and search engine optimization.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Premiere
- Familiarity with Drupal, Google Analytics, Sprout Social and EveryAction is an asset.
English (Fluent) and Spanish (Fluent) is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this call for CVs is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest, up-to-date curriculum vitae and work samples by March 20, 2020 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org