IOrganizational Context and Scope
Under the direct supervision of Project’s Team Leader IOM Dominica and assisted by the Regional Resource Management Unit (RMU) at IOM Regional Office in San Jose, Procurement/ Logistics Assistant will be providing support to the IOM Mission in Dominica on terms of Procurement/Logistics requirements. In particular the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Coordinate all vehicle/staff movements.
- Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader and in close coordination with Project Manager(s) organize truck rentals and movement based on the project needs in full accordance with the IOM rules and regulations
- Ensure that vehicle log-books are duly recorded and report to the Team Leader and RMU RO San Jose for any misconduct.
- Ensure that vehicles and generators are regularly maintained according to IOM standards.
- Ensure that Drivers are trained and fully respect IOM and traffic rules and regulations
- Keep track of fuel consumption, prepare monthly reports and regularly send them to the Team Leader and Resource Management Officer.
- Acting as Mission’s Assets Focal Point for received goods/materials and supplies.
- Ensure that all assets are received in good condition, verify that supplies are appropriate and in accordance to the specifications required, as indicated in the order form.
- In coordination with Resource Management Officer ensure that all assets purchase are regularly tracked and registered in PRISM system in timely manner.
- Upon receiving request for purchase or rental of equipment and/or office supplies (with specifications) from requestor, secures approval (signatures) before proceeding with procurement.
- To ensure that the project codes, account codes and budget lines have been determined.
- In coordination with Team Leader liaise with the IOM field offices on all materials/goods distribution, organize transport and timely delivery.
- Ensure that all assets are recorded in PRISM asset barcode printed and assets are tagged properly are updated and the IOM global assets list and a copy of the updated Mission’s asset list is sheared with the Team Leader and the RMU
- Liaise closely with the finance section concerning payment of procured and delivered services.
- Keep proper data base for Service Agreements / Contracts.
- In close coordination with the Admin. And Finance Assistant and ITC Assistant ensure that all the purchased assets are properly registered in the Asset Inventory prior to delivering them to the requesting party
- Conduct and follow up the office maintenance needs of stock, expendables, services and share the same with the Logistics and Procurement Officer.
- Keep proper filing system for all Logistics documents.
- Ensure that office premises are in good shape and fully functional
- Assume responsibility for all Warehousing facilities and activities ensuring safe keeping of all assets and Inventory;
- Any other such duties as may be assigned;
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
Technical knowledge in procurement, logistics, inventory and warehousing
Education and Experience
- Completed Secondary Education. Additional studies on Logistics and Supplies, or Business Administration would be an advantage.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in procurement, logistics, inventory and storage. Experience on international procurement desirable.
- Knowledge of procurement and logistics software an advantage.
- Previous experience with UN and International Agencies, or NGOs an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of computer applications, especially MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
Required: Fluency in English and Creole
Deadline: March 27, 2020
Download Terms of Reference