Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Media & Communications Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative support to Media & Communications.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Monitor RO San Jose-related issues in digital media.
2. Collection, editing, and updating all substantive media content for the IOM website and social media related to the RO San Jose websites. Content includes blogs, photos, video production, promotional pieces, and e-mail and others.
3. Manages online content to multiple RO San Jose’s websites in both a responsive and proactive manner (using HTML/CSS).
4. Assist in the maintenance of the RO San Jose Websites and in the preparation of digital materials.
5. Providing feedback, and suggestions, for website improvement, user-friendliness, and functionality.
6. Assisting in the coordination of the design process for printed materials associated with the RO San Jose.
7. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Student in the fields of communications, public relations, journalism, advertising, international affairs, and social / political sciences.
• Minimum experience of 3 months in the production of media content and Website management.
• Experience using a Content Management System (CMS), preferably Drupal, is a must.
Full written and spoken proficiency in English and Spanish is required.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must submit their application (CV) by e-mail to: ROSanJoseVacancies@iom.int The email subject must be “Digital Content Internship 2020”.Deadline for sending applications: March 13, 2020.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.