Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
In positioning the WBG as an employer of choice and leader within the development community and to better respond to the diversified needs of the organization’s shareholders and staff, HRD will be transforming its delivery model into the following pillars:
• Client Services Department that incorporates an end-to-end staffing model and supports the implementation of HR plans and processes. Under a federal model of delivery, the Bank and the IFC will each be supported by a Client Services Department for their respective organizations.
• Employment Policy, Compensation and Systems Department that provides an integrated approach to managing employment policy and staff rules, driving compensation and benefit programs, and supporting service solutions, systems and analytics.
• Performance, Career and Learning Department that brings together the entire talent management life-cycle to maximize and leverage innovative solutions and strategies for increasing the WBG’s organizational and individual performance and capabilities.
Duties and Accountabilities
The Sr HR Assistant, Recruitment, under the direction of the Manager – Client Services, will provide support for Recruitment service activities. In particular, s/he will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Execute the full lifecycle of recruitment management process from job posting to candidates onboard
• Assist through support and advice hiring managers & recruiters in implementing appropriate advertising or sourcing strategies/methods
• Post and monitor vacancy announcements on WBG website and career related sites.
• Educate and communicate process steps to Hiring Managers and agree on hiring timelines.
• Maintain recruitment process in recruitment management system
• Analyze and report recruitment metrics and provide periodic dash boards to the Client Managers
• Maintain the integrity and objectivity of recruitment process within the framework of WBG policy and recruitment objectives.
• Review candidate applications to formulate long-lists for hiring managers, with due attention to business requirements
• Assist shortlist committee panel members and assist them to complete the recruitment process
• Assist HQ-based recruiters to develop a talent pipe line and network of candidate sources, track candidates & sources and maintain pipelines
• Serve as backup for colleagues working on advising staff relocating on Global Mobility Support Framework assignments to Country Offices in the Latin America and Caribbean Region (LCR). This includes providing backup on end to end support to help them settle in assignment locations in LCR.
• A Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant work experience (HR & Recruitment)
• A Master's degree will be a plus (but not mandatory) for this role to allow for continued career development within the Team/VPU and WBG
• Recruitment experience in an organization of highly-qualified professionals, preferably a multinational organization.
• Excellent English speaking and writing skills, including writing professional business reports and making presentations.
• Experienced user of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Familiarity with recruitment & HR Info Systems tools/software (especially PeopleSoft).
• Client-oriented, responsive, and able to work effectively in a diverse team.
• Proven ability to manage multiple demanding clients from both inside and outside HR.
• Able to understand the needs of the business (hiring units) and the objectives of the Talent Acquisition team.
• Takes initiative and is resourceful and creative in getting tasks done.
• Positive, open, collaborative, discreet, and able to maintain confidentiality.
• Able to multi-task, deal with fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines & SLAs.
• Ability to deal sensitively with others (clients, colleagues, etc) in a multi-cultural environment.
• Solid references from previous employer/s.
Actively pursues professional development; demonstrates a broad understanding of HR theory and practice as applicable to clients in multiple regions and to broader HR
Integrates information from diverse sources in order to form well-rounded understanding of rules, policies and precedents; strives to identify and understand interactions and interconnections, and implications for problem resolution; passes on findings to team.
Analyses are based on broad understanding of relevant data, client context and HR rules, policies & practices; conclusions & recommendations are mindful of implications for clients and broader organization.
Works to understand and resolve difficult ethical dilemmas, seeking advice as necessary; actively seeks solutions to work issues and problems in order to meet commitments and; retains and addresses HR and WBG perspectives when working with clients.
Facilitates dialogue in the face of differences of opinion, conflict or error; anticipates and addresses potential breaches in confidentiality and/or data security; expresses own convictions freely, but with diplomacy, understanding of others’ perspectives and openness to alternative ideas.
COMMITMENT TO MISSION AND VALUES
Ensures understanding of WBG mission and business are reflected in work of team; advocates for the WBG’s mission and values with clients and/or within HR.
Engages with clients and other stakeholders in order to understand and respond to business needs; validates understanding through consultation, questioning and probing; advice and actions support stakeholder needs.
Identifies valid needs for changes in approach or processes; seeks to ensure changes meet client and WBG needs
Actively promotes broader HR objectives, change needs and own informed opinion when working within HR and with clients; advocates for client interests within HR; uses a variety of skills to achieve influencing objectives within immediate group, including detailed analyses, presentation of pros and cons and management of dialogue.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
With 189 member countries, staff from more than 170 countries, and offices in over 130 locations, the World Bank Group is a unique global partnership: five institutions working for sustainable solutions that reduce poverty and build shared prosperity in developing countries.
World Bank's mission is to end extreme poverty by reducing the share of the global population that lives in extreme poverty to 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity by increasing the incomes of the poorest 40 percent of people in every country.